Year 2 Teacher – afternoons only
0.5 (18.75 hours per week)
Fixed term to July 2018 but could be extended and hours increased for the right person. To start as soon as notice period allows.
Closing date: Monday 25 September 2017
Interviews: 28 September 2017
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Year 2 Teacher to join one of the leading independent schools in East Yorkshire, where students flourish and staff are supportive.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- Has excellent knowledge and understanding of the new curriculum
- Is an excellent, highly motivated practitioner who wants to join a friendly and hardworking team;
- Has a creative flair and is able to contribute in an innovative way;
- Is sensitive to the needs of pupils and parents;
- Has the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire young children to achieve their full potential;
- Has good communication skills to work effectively with staff and parents;
- Has the confidence to lead and support the development of other teaching practitioners.
As part of United Learning, one of the leading groups of schools and academies in the country, we can offer you unrivalled career development opportunities, as well as:
- A dedicated and supportive team of staff and governors;
- An exciting opportunity to work within our school, which strives to ensure that the provision is outstanding;
- A strong commitment to CPD.
For further teaching and support vacancies within United Learning please click here.
Joining the team at Hull Collegiate School - Your Wellbeing
In addition to the terms of your vacancy, the following wellbeing opportunites are provided for staff:
- Wellbeing CPD as a whole school offer: yoga, mindfulness, staff sing-a-long
- Free Flu Jabs; convenience to have this whilst at work
- End of term celebration events
- Confidential care line for all staff
- No email’ rule at Christmas so staff can spend quality time with their family
- Social events and trips abroad organised informally by a members of staff
- New Starters’ meal – all new starters are invited to a meal that is paid for by the school
- Lunch provided
- Time in lieu for revision sessions in holidays (teaching staff)
- A leave of absence procedure whereby staff are allowed to leave school in PPA time without the need for any form-filling, just verbal approval from their line manager.
- Staff and family BBQ in the Michalealmas Term
- ABCD Awards – staff are recognised on a weekly basis for things they have done ‘above and beyond’. Monthly winners receive a bottle of wine and a free massage.
What do our Staff Say?
“Whenever I have had a problem, I have spoken to the leadership who have listened, appreciated honesty and endeavoured to try to find a solution quickly showing understanding and sensitivity where necessary. The well-being and pastoral care of the children have always been of paramount importance, and since the beginning of this school year; staff wellbeing has been a key focus. Whilst there are always going to be people that are not happy, there has been a real emphasis on embracing and developing a long-term staff wellbeing plan, rather than simply having a well being ‘week’”
“Teaching has changed so much over the years and there are so many demands put on us each day. However, with the positive and encouraging leadership and structures that are in place, I feel that we can only continue to move forwards for the better.”
“I love working at Hull Collegiate. There have been many changes in recent years, swift changes but relevant and positive. I feel very much part of a nurturing extended family where we all look out for each other and quickly spot where and when we need support.“
“I can honestly say that the best schools I’ve worked in, where moral is good and staff members feel happy to go to work every day, are those that are well managed, where each staff member is made to feel valued and has their strengths and skills identified and celebrated. This ultimately brings the best out in everyone, and creates confident and happy members of staff.”
“I have never worked in a place where staff wellbeing is such a huge priority. The support and range of different things that are available to staff is fantastic.”