Local Governing Body
The legal governing body for Hull Collegiate School is United Learning. The Trust is the body ultimately responsible for the proper operation of the school. The Registered Office is:
Nene Valley Business Park
Registered in England, Company Number 2780748. A Company Limited by Guarantee.
A Local Governing Body (LGB) is in place in Hull. This body reviews local issues and meets with the Headteacher and other staff as necessary.
Parents wishing to contact the Chair of Governors may do so by writing to Mr Grimwood c/o Hull Collegiate School, Tranby Croft, Anlaby, East Yorkshire HU10 7EH. The envelope should be marked Private & Confidential.
Hull Collegiate School LGB
Mr P Grimwood
Mr P Bryan
Mrs J Elton
Mrs T Escreet
Mr R Gillingwater
Mr J Moore
Mrs S Swetez
Rev S Wilcox
Mr I Young
Mrs R Glover
Paul Grimwood LL.B.
- Married to Claire with two children; Nicholas completed Year 13 at HCS in 2013 and Guy has left this year
- Partner at Sandersons Solicitors Hull
- Ex-Chairman Hull & Humberside Round Table
- Member of Health & Safety Sub Committee.
Paul Bryan, M.Ed. (Primary) C.Ed.
- Married to Clare with two sons30 years teaching experience, the last 17 as Headteacher; retired from Hymers College Junior School in 2007
- Executive committee member and fundraiser for the Hull Branch of the Normandy Veterans; D-Day Battlefields guide
- Member of the Early Years and Foundation Stage Sub Committee.
Jacqui Elton B.Eng., P.G.C.E., M.A. (Ed)
- Married for 20 years to Chris with two children in the Senior School: Lizzie, Year 13 and Andrew, Year 12
- Worked in secondary education since 1991, taking on a wide variety of roles across a number of schools, Local Authorities and teacher training organisations
- Worked in consultancy and authoring roles on multiple large scale international teacher educator projects (Africa and India)
- Authored for the Open University and an English educational publisher
- Currently, near completion of a part-time PhD in the purported applications of neuropedagogy at the London based UCL Institute of Education.
- Married to Gareth with two boys, currently in the Prep school
- Taught in primary schools around the city for the last thirteen years with the last few being the Foundation Stage Coordinator and member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Married to Vicky with two sons: Jack left this year at the end of Year 13 and Tom is in Year 10
- 35 years working in the Insurance industry in Hull, 25 years of which as Financial Director for Rixon Matthews & Appleyard Ltd
- Now working as Business Development Executive at Jelf Insurance Partnership
- Attended Hull Grammar School 1969 to 1974; late father attended the school in the 1930s and Vicky also attended Hull High School during the late 1970s.
- Married to Michelle with one daughter and one son. Ben is in Year 11 at HCS
- 25 years working in the Accountancy industry; now a partner at Dutton Moore, Chartered Accountants in Hull
- Attended Hymers College from 1976 to 1986.
Susan Swetez HNC, FETC, MIOSH
- Born and raised in Bradford but has lived in the East Riding since 1974; married to Vic
- Spent working life in Universities, initially as a research technician in Biology, then re-qualified in Health and Safety and spent over 20 years as a Health and Safety adviser at Hull University
- Retired from this post in 2008 but continued to help with first aid at work training until last year
- Member of Cottingham Red Cross since 1978 and leader of the group since 1988
- Secretary to PCC of St Michael’s Church, Skidby.
Angela Warneken Gold
- Married with one daughter, Alice, who left HCS last year at the end of Year 13
- 25 years in the international fashion market
- Five years as national staff trainer for Jaeger
- 15 years as Regional Manager responsible for 33 shops in Northern England and Scotland
- Chairman East Yorkshire based charity OSPREY
- Member of Marketing Sub Committee.
Rev Steve Wilcox
- Vicar of St Peter’s Church, Anlaby and St Mark’s, Anlaby Common
- Married to Alice; their son Jonty is in Year 5
- Member of Welfare Sub Committee.