Working at Hull Collegiate School
An exceptional professional opportunity to play a leading role in the development of Hull Collegiate School has arisen following the current post holder’s promotion to Headship. This is an exciting time for an ambitious, engaging and influential individual to join our Leadership Team and hold a crucial role in whole-school strategy and the development of teaching and learning.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 19 April
Interviews: Thursday 22 and Friday 23 April
Head of Geography
We are looking to recruit a full time permanent Head of Geography as from September 2021.
The role is summarised as below.
- To take overall responsibility for the Geography curriculum
- To manage, lead and inspire a team of experienced subject specialists
- To organise department meetings and encourage a team approach
- Monitoring and target setting across all year groups
- To lead an active involvement in CPD throughout the department
- To initiate, attend and organise extra-curricular activities/educational visits in Geography
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 26 April.
Interviews: Thursday 29 April in School.
For further teaching and support vacancies within United Learning please visit United Learning Careers.
Train to Teach
United Teaching is the initial teacher training scheme for United Learning, a national group of over 80 schools across England. With us, you can achieve your PGCE and QTS with extensive support from professional mentors, tutors and subject specialists. You can continue your career in United Learning, with opportunities for training, mentoring and progression from your NQT year and beyond.
Joining the team at Hull Collegiate School - Your Wellbeing
In addition to the terms of your vacancy, the following wellbeing opportunites are provided for staff:
- Wellbeing CPD as a whole school offer: yoga, mindfulness, staff sing-a-long
- End of term celebration events
- Confidential care line for all staff
- No email rule at Christmas so staff can spend quality time with their family
- Social events and trips abroad organised informally by members of staff
- New Starters’ meal
- Lunch provided
- Staff and family BBQ in the Michaelmas Term
- ABCD Awards – staff are recognised on a monthly basis for things they have done ‘above and beyond’. Monthly winners receive a bottle of wine.
What do our Staff Say?
“Whenever I have had a problem, I have spoken to the leadership who have listened, appreciated honesty and endeavoured to try to find a solution quickly showing understanding and sensitivity where necessary. The well-being and pastoral care of the children have always been of paramount importance, and since the beginning of this school year; staff wellbeing has been a key focus. Whilst there are always going to be people that are not happy, there has been a real emphasis on embracing and developing a long-term staff wellbeing plan, rather than simply having a wellbeing week."
“Teaching has changed so much over the years and there are so many demands put on us each day. However, with the positive and encouraging leadership and structures that are in place, I feel that we can only continue to move forwards for the better.”
“I love working at Hull Collegiate. There have been many changes in recent years, swift changes but relevant and positive. I feel very much part of a nurturing extended family where we all look out for each other and quickly spot where and when we need support.“
“I can honestly say that the best schools I’ve worked in, where moral is good and staff members feel happy to go to work every day, are those that are well managed, where each staff member is made to feel valued and has their strengths and skills identified and celebrated. This ultimately brings the best out in everyone, and creates confident and happy members of staff.”
“I have never worked in a place where staff wellbeing is such a huge priority. The support and range of different things that are available to staff is fantastic.”