Working at Hull Collegiate School
Accounts Administrator (maternity cover)
Closing date: Monday 24 February at 12 noon
We are looking to appoint a part-time Accounts Administrator (maternity cover) to join our administration team in the Senior School as from 23 March 2020. The role is for a minimum period of 6 months with the possibility of this being extended to 12 months, further details will be discussed at interview. The role is for 30 hours per week, all year round. The working hours can be flexible for the right candidate. Please find attached the job specification, below is a summary of the likely roles:
- School banking
- Senior school petty cash
- Monthly debtors list and credit control associated with nursery and club invoices
- Online payment system administrator (ParentPay) – Senior School only
- Allocate disbursements onto the accounts system
- Key petty cash, key expenditure, end of month
- Reconcile ParentPay account weekly
- Purchase of sundries for events
- Liaise and work with credit control and fees departments at central office
- Provide financial administration support to the Business Manager
The closing date for applications is Monday 24 February at 12 noon, interviews will be held on Thursday 27 February. If you know of anyone who could fulfil this role, please direct them to our website or follow the link below:
For further teaching and support vacancies within United Learning please visit United Learning Careers.
Train to Teach
United Teaching is the initial teacher training scheme for United Learning, a national group of over 80 schools across England. With us, you can achieve your PGCE and QTS with extensive support from professional mentors, tutors and subject specialists. You can continue your career in United Learning, with opportunities for training, mentoring and progression from your NQT year and beyond.
Joining the team at Hull Collegiate School - Your Wellbeing
In addition to the terms of your vacancy, the following wellbeing opportunites are provided for staff:
- Wellbeing CPD as a whole school offer: yoga, mindfulness, staff sing-a-long
- End of term celebration events
- Confidential care line for all staff
- No email rule at Christmas so staff can spend quality time with their family
- Social events and trips abroad organised informally by members of staff
- New Starters’ meal
- Lunch provided
- Staff and family BBQ in the Michaelmas Term
- ABCD Awards – staff are recognised on a monthly basis for things they have done ‘above and beyond’. Monthly winners receive a bottle of wine.
What do our Staff Say?
“Whenever I have had a problem, I have spoken to the leadership who have listened, appreciated honesty and endeavoured to try to find a solution quickly showing understanding and sensitivity where necessary. The well-being and pastoral care of the children have always been of paramount importance, and since the beginning of this school year; staff wellbeing has been a key focus. Whilst there are always going to be people that are not happy, there has been a real emphasis on embracing and developing a long-term staff wellbeing plan, rather than simply having a wellbeing week."
“Teaching has changed so much over the years and there are so many demands put on us each day. However, with the positive and encouraging leadership and structures that are in place, I feel that we can only continue to move forwards for the better.”
“I love working at Hull Collegiate. There have been many changes in recent years, swift changes but relevant and positive. I feel very much part of a nurturing extended family where we all look out for each other and quickly spot where and when we need support.“
“I can honestly say that the best schools I’ve worked in, where moral is good and staff members feel happy to go to work every day, are those that are well managed, where each staff member is made to feel valued and has their strengths and skills identified and celebrated. This ultimately brings the best out in everyone, and creates confident and happy members of staff.”
“I have never worked in a place where staff wellbeing is such a huge priority. The support and range of different things that are available to staff is fantastic.”